Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Like a Dream v2

I can't get you off my mind, 
so I'm putting you on paper... 
good thing I get paid to write 
because I can write about you forever. 
This poem may not be the best, 
but what inspired it is heavenly. 
This one is not about a kiss, 
Or how your smile brings out the best in me, 
or those beautiful brown eyes, 
that melt my entire being. 
Don't get me wrong though, dear; 
I love those things about you, 
but the reason behind these lines today 
as I sit thinking about you, 
is to tell you how I feel, 
when my arms are wrapped around you. 
It is almost like a dream, 
It’s pure, beautiful and magical, 
Intoxicating with euphoria, 
of your bitter-sweetness attitude. 
Hear my breath and feel my heartbeat, 
I feel like a king around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment