Friday, March 11, 2011

Cheers, Cowgirl

Cheers, cowgirl…
you're my favorite thing ‘bout Texas.
And although there's plenty of beauty to be seen
in this breathtaking, red state…
none compares to you,
and you remain my favorite part.

In this neck of the woods there were many first things in my life.
The first time I went to a house party,
the first time I bongged a beer.
The first time I tried many other things,
some I'd rather never say,
but my favorite thing...
my absolutely, positively, no doubt grittin',
you darn-tootin' it’s my favorite thing ‘bout Texas...
is all my firsts I share with you.

You and your smile, and those eyes,
and those lips, and that way you say those things,
and the way you hold my hand...
and place it gently near your hip,
and, although it stings just a bit,
I even love the way you push me away.

So, cheers, cowgirl,
drink another one for me.
Raise your glass then place your lips to it
And as the poison of the whiskey
Makes its way into your system,
Remember how passionately I kissed you
And made you a sucker for my wisdom.

So, cheers, cowgirl,
You’re my favorite thing ‘bout Texas.
You make me wanna sing,
You make me wanna dance,
You make me wanna put a ring…
of fire and jumping through it,
to leave them all behind
and trust our hearts to face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment