Tuesday, March 29, 2011

She Said

Today I was told a funny thing.
By a beauty there
that I had already seen,
but never did I ever really see this part about her.
She said to me in a hearty tone,
"let go of that evil,
The devil's got you all wrapped up
and tied around her finger,
but she's out doing her own thing.
She don't care about you a damned bit,
and you're here, there,
moping, crying everywhere,
sobbing up a poor ole story,
as if you didn't have the guts in you
to go outside your zone,
find love and conjure another.
You've got a good thing right in front of you,
and all you do is stare at her,
I've been sitting here, and there,
and dying to kiss you since we met,
and all you do is tell stories about her.
Quit your whining, boy, and get to kissin' me.
I know right now you're hurtin',
but that pain won't last forever.
If that girlie stole your heart,
then I'm gonna go out there and find her
so I can steal it back.
She mishandled what you gave her,
and broke your heart into a million pieces...
but that's ok, because I've got you...
I've got all the time and patience
to put you back together."

No comments:

Post a Comment