Friday, March 11, 2011

I Had You Wrong All Along

I had you wrong all along, dear,
You are just not what I thought you were.
There once was a dark time for me
When I felt I was down and out,
Then you came back into my life and
Gave me stuff to smile about.
You put a pep back in my step
and made me long to step the frets.
Fell for you pretty hard, this time.
This time harder than the first,
But I was oh, so very wrong about you,
You were actually heaven sent.
I could’ve died without you or
Maybe ended up in the pen.
But instead of the life I was headed in,
I chose life led by a pen.
You’re the only gun I need now, dear,
 And your bullets are my words.
I’ll hold you tight and we’ll rain war on everybody
We’ll rain on them all our pain.
You bring out in me a power, dear,
that can never be ignored.
And just the right kind of inspiration
Brings a nuclear holocaust to them.
Filled with passion, love and romance,
And the occasional letter to Pent.
We will give everyone we ever come across,
A good reason not to forget
The one time when they once met
This sweet poet and his sweet pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment