Friday, February 18, 2011

Deuce!

I have finally reached a point
where I no longer need your drug.
I am happy all on my own now.
I have seen myself get down over thoughts of you...
and I don't like where those thoughts take me.
Sometimes they just drive me way off into space.
Discovering traveling waves disappearing at the speed of light.
These journeys have dawned new daylight in my scientific quest.
You are nothing more than burning ether in my world!
Although a rare kind of element compound,
space-filling gas is all you really are...
You're not really going to blow,
you're just going to "warn" me with your scent.

I have finally reached a point
where I'm no longer intoxicated by your poison...
Your Kung Fu has no more grip on me.
I can see what I'm worth for on my own now
not just in relation to the quality of work I do
when I'm drunk and high on you.
I'm glad I've reached this status, though.
For all this means is I can still love you,
but not hurt when you don't come around.

They say the first step to rehabilitation from ANY kind of debilitation
is coming to terms with the fact that you don't have a problem,
only challenges to overcome.
For all the lovin' I have given through this one way road to nothingness,
I tip my hat and throw a deuce at you, dear...
Challenge accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment