Friday, February 25, 2011

The Pen is Mightier than a Sword, Not a Pistola

I used to think I was your boy toy,
but now I stand corrected.
"You ain't nothing but her bitch!"
the still and emptiness of night
join the cold side of my bed to mock me.
Disappointment never tasted so sweet
struggling with this everlasting tug of war
which I could never win,
but it's not for a lack of trying.
Maybe you just don't notice what you do
and the pain you cause
when you treat me like a beauty product
only using me to lift yourself.
It seems to me it is not my kisses you seek
nor my touch, OR my love...
which I have a vast amount of,
and although it doesn't mean much to you,
it's all reserved just for you.

Disappointment never tasted so sweet,
but even as I sit here waiting and stood up yet again,
I still think of you as infallible
and nothing you do is ever wrong.
YOU are the only girl I know that can demand anything you want
and you should get it,
because you deserve it and
any man who thinks is worthy of your company MUST comply.
No matter where you go,
you are the queen.
Most around you have to slit a throat to get attention,
but all YOU have to do is smile
and it seems as if by magic
the whole world is filled with sunshine
and we all fall at your feet,
but no matter how many servants,
how many lovers
or how many more times you're going to break my heart,
I still think of you as infallible
and nothing you do is ever wrong.

So, how will you know it's for you?
How will you know it's your name intended to be
in the blank of the insinuated pun
and overrated cliche I've laid down
on this paper of dreams that come to life
as you close your eyes and remember the taste?
Nothing I say can make it more obvious
than the mere fact that I've sat down and taken time to write this.
For all I need is inspiration...
and when it comes to inspiration,
Gorgeous Chocolate Chip Muse of mine has never failed.
If you were wondering, yes, I do still think of you, but
these lines are intended, not for you, nor for the other,
but for me and my new lover.
She has taken hold of me and I love it.
I can feel her through my veins as I walk carelessly and free.
God bless the mighty pen... for she sits in my right hand
giving me life and animating my thoughts.
My new queen, my new obsession... her and I, we're going far.

No comments:

Post a Comment