Thursday, January 20, 2011

Beware the Lion's Heart

Breezy wind blows lightly around me,
as I step forth stealthy and strong-minded,
I watch the lion sleeping soundly,
my disturbance I picture smiling.
His lofty mane sways back and forth,
as he breathes deeply in slumber sloth.
Majestic coat and threatening claws,
a warrior's honor, dying at his paws,
for he's the king of all you see,
his land he rules bravely and free.
He rules the ground, the trees and sea,
all that you see is all just for him.

I creep on forth seeking his essence,
trying not to awake his eminent presence,
for his vile anger will wrath intrusion,
obliterating all with might and no confusion.

I'm so close now, I hear his heartbeat,
he seems so happy as if he's smiling at me,
the ground vibrates as he exhales hot breath,
and for this kill tonight I've arrived well prepared.
As peaceful as he looks for the moment,
I know the Lion is king and the king is tough.
I've seen tigers cry, but never a lion, though.
... and I inhale... ready to blast a flame at him,
just end it all... quickly and pain-free.

But what has happened?
He has awaken!
He must have felt my presence
as I walked forth seeking his essence.
A thunderous, booming roar,
a vigorous, violent blow...
then lights out!

I expected to be dead, this I admit,
but for some reason, my life the lion has spared.
He could have ended me as I laid on my side unconscious.
Since I broke a wing as I fell, he knew I could not fly.
Still the lion did not take advantage,
he did not kill.
He knew I was helpless and instead of a slaughter,
he licked my wounds and helped them heal.
The lion's heart is bigger than expected,
this should be kept well in mind, never rejected,
for I will never forget the lion who performed the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment