Monday, January 24, 2011

The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil Wears Prada is one of the few shows I've been to that had no lines for beer. It was mainly because most of the kids there weren't old enough to drink, but it was also because most of the kids attending are following one of the strangest trends I'll never understand... being "Straight Edge." It's all good if it's working for them, but for me, I like to enjoy a good beer while I listen to live music... maybe even a whiskey shot or two. The straight edge crowd is not the only peculiar thing about The Devil Wears Prada.

When I saw them in Mission, TX, they were even the only band that night that didn't ask the crowd to get violent. They were the only band that wasn't local. All the local bands asked to crowd to make moshpits and hurt one another. That was one of the most noticeable things to me. Most bands are very demanding when it comes to moshpits, but the guys of TDWP were not. It was almost as if they preferred there was no violence.

I have just recently become a fan of Devil Wears Prada. Up until about a year ago, I had no idea who they were. A friend of mine showed me their dvd and I thought they were pretty cool, but it wasn't until I LISTENED to them that I truly became hooked on their sound. Something about Jeremy Depoyster's beautiful melodic vocals just hypnotizes bringing a lighter AND brighter sound as well as a perfect balance to Mike Hranica's fire-breathing, brutal screaming.

The rest of the band doesn't fall far behind in the talent pool, though. The catchy hooks and killer beats leave such an impression on your senses that just keeps you craving more. The only thing that could possibly be better than listening to The Devil Wear Prada right now, would be listening to The Devil Wears Prada live... while drinking a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment