Thursday, January 20, 2011

Velvet Ride on Red October

I anticipate this ride and I can't wait to get on it.
For whatever long I waited,
I have waited for too long.
It almost seems as if the wait
lasted a decade and a month.
As I make my way through the waiting line,
The sun inebriates me like wine.
rays reflect off glossy paint,
making this ride seem pure and magical.
So much so, it takes away my dreadful pain
and brings me sunshine yet again.

When I'm finally next in line,
My heart seems to skip a beat.
I cannot hide the excited smile that has taken over me.
I am just waiting for my signal,
to be saved from something dismal.

Finally aboard, I can't handle the animation.
Enthusiastically, I await as I am helped and buckled up.
All inside me, I have melted
for this moment I have dreamed of for some time now.
For this so very occasion, something special has just happened.
I have been allowed the privilege, joy, and honor
to be the only one aboard.

So begins my Velvet ride,
well enraptured, high on life.
So delightful is the thought of just being me riding this ride.
And every turn, and every climb, and every drop,
it all adds to the feeling.
This feeling, unlike all others,
inviolable and sacred.
I cannot share, I WILL not share,
try to steal it, best not dare!
For the most part this is scary.
Pulling g's makes me so wary.
Try to ignore the vile anguish,
built by eagerness to vanquish.
Conquer everything about this... down to the last physics lesson.
My heart pumps faster than ever,
I want this ride to last forever.
This ride's given me a buzz,
lightning bolts run through my body.
Electricity within me, yet I dare not make a fuzz.
Oh, how beautiful the feelings,
ardently bestowed upon me.
Healed my soul from poisoned thoughts,
and gave me more than I sought after.

No comments:

Post a Comment