Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Way I Do

Does he know when you are thirsty?
Does he know when you're in pain?
Do you show him when you're frisky?
Hope you don't kiss him in the rain.

Does his flavorless tongue shock you?
Do his lips make you see double?
Do your knees get weak and shaky?
And does he know that you are trouble?

Have you lied yet to save face,
to the fact that you don't care?
Yes, we all hear what you're saying,
but that's not what's in your head.

I know you will remember me
with every play button you press.
You will remember all the music
that made you want to undress
and with those thoughts you will cry, babe,
'cause, it's the only way to express
those feelings that still lurk in you
as you seek one last caress.

You can tell me what you want,
but I know he doesn't love you,
doesn't miss you, doesn't lace you.
His vapid mind does not impress you...

... at least not the way I do.

You can say that he is funny,
and you don't see him for his money.
Yes, he might be entertaining,
but he doesn't make you laugh...

... at least not the way I do.

When you're scared he might stand by you,
and you might save the things he buys you.
He might know some things about you,
but he doesn't know  you well enough...

... at least not the way I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment