Thursday, January 20, 2011

(COPD) Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

Today I saw your pretty face.
Though I tried hard to look away,
all my efforts were in vain.
Like a mosquito toward a bug zapper,
a bad habit you can't kick,
a monkey on your back,
you try so hard, but you can't shake.
And on I stared...
... like a fat kid stares at cake.

Lovingly I remembered
all those moments that we shared.
You probably never think of me,
and I doubt you ever do,
but I think about you everyday.
Every morning, night and noon.

All these feelings that came back to me
they never went away.
I just learned ways to suppress them,
like cough syrup to a cough.
I'm fine for a few hours,
but then I smell your sensual scent.
Embedded in my brain,
your scent will never go away.
I see your face in water
and I see your name in streets
I wonder if I mattered...

...yes, I wonder if you cared.

No comments:

Post a Comment