Monday, January 17, 2011

Studio Recording

Yesterday I was in the studio recording. We tried something new I hadn't tried before. It sounds simple, but this is seriously something I hadn't tried before. I recorded a few songs just straight through. No layers.

When I have recorded in the past, I have always just done it in "layer style" where you record piece by piece and break it down however you want and just keep recording layer over layer, then mix that later and you get a song. Well, this time TJ, the producer, and Tazzy, my agent, suggested I played an original just one-through with just guitar and vocals. I was a bit nervous at first because playing it through means I have to nail the whole thing and if I mess up, even a little, then I have to do the whole thing again.

So we tried it and it turned out pretty nice. TJ will have to do a bit of mastering, but I should have something for you guys to download in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment